Dil se chaho: Law of attraction
A famous dialogue by Shahrukh Khan “Kehte hain ki agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho to puri kayanath usey tumse milane ki koshish mein lag jati hai.” English translation: if you have intense desire for something, whole universe will come to your help. That is precisely what is law of attraction.
As per the law of attraction, we attract whatever we think about, good or bad, It’s as though every time we think a thought, every time we speak a word, the universe is listening and responding to us. Psychologists, New Age thinkers and religious leaders have been talking about the Law Of Attraction for years, though it gained popularity again when the book “The Secret” made waves in 2006. Whether or not you believe in the power of the universe, there is scientific research that proves the effects of positive thinking.
Negativity can keep us from obtaining the things we want in life. We don’t want to put ourselves down. We don’t want to say, ‘Oh, it will never work for me,’ or ‘I’m not good enough.’ Because that’s what the universe hears and returns to you.”
Instead, we can transform our life by staying positive. Start saying things that you feel really good about yourself. ‘I love who I am. I love life. Life loves me. It’s going to be smooth and easy. Life works for me.’ And you just start doing that—it’s planting seeds. You’re not going to get it the first day, but you plant a seed and you water it and you continue the affirmations, and things start to shift and change in your life.”
Law of attraction doesn’t work at the snap of your fingers—at least not at first. At the beginning, you have to be careful what level you are on in your consciousness when you’re making your requests of the universe, it’s important that your thoughts are not coming from a negative place. If you’re in a fear-based place where you need and you want and you’re going to die and everything’s scary, none of your intentions or desires has much power.
Why is it that some people still don’t get what they want? negative energy could be the cause. May be that we’re asking from a place of desperation. When you put desperate energy out into the world, you don’t get back what it is you want.
For people who are more concerned about being able to pay their next bill than they are with the law of attraction, it’s hard to think that keeping a positive attitude will change anything. Just hearing the ideas behind the law of attraction can help a person begin to make small changes in his or her life. When the student is ready, the teacher appears.
How to Visualize: Visualization is a technique used by winners in all walks of life. If you really want something to come to fruition, then you have to put your imaginative mind to work. See the result in front of you, play the game you are going to play in your mind or watch yourself accepting your degree at college. The only limit is your own mind.
- Visualize the activity, event, or result desired. Think “what you see is what you get” and be ready for creativity and mind synthesis to take the lead. Close your eyes and picture it. It is the only thing that exists in this world right now. Everything else is darkness. Let’s say you want to envision that you get a promotion. Imagine your brand new office with your name in gold-emblazoned letters on the door. Imagine the black, swivel chair behind your huge mahogany desk.
- Be sure about what you want and when you do decide don’t doubt yourself. Remember that you’re sending a request to the Universe which is created by thoughts and therefore responds to thoughts. Know exactly what it is that you want. If you’re not clear/sure, the Universe will get an unclear frequency and will send you unwanted results. So be sure it is something you have strong enthusiasm and passion for.
- Fix your mindset. Nothing is going to improve when you feel lousy about yourself and your chances in life. A positive mindset will reset an erring period of bad luck. It will turn that half-empty glass into the half-full glass; the rainy day into the silver-lined cloud. Seize opportunities to change and move on. You’re about to create them! Visualization is sort of like hypnosis: if you don’t think it’ll work, it won’t. Thinking positively is the first step to making sure this visualization is actually effective. It’s the first step to making these desires a part of real life.
- Think long term. Anybody who wants change overnight will be disappointed. Visualization only works when you are calm, at ease, and willing to give yourself time to focus in peace, free from immediate worries. Stay calm. There’s no rush.
- Visualize the personality traits needed to get you where you want to be. It’s not enough to want to be the Bollywood star. You need to think about the qualities that will assist you in getting there.
- Think in the affirmative and present tense. When it comes to visualization, hypnosis, or just positive thinking, you gotta think in the affirmation. Zeroing in on “not being poor” isn’t exactly helpful. If you are visualizing yourself not smoking anymore, don’t recite the mantra, “I will try to quit.” That’s worthless. Think along the lines of, “Cigarettes are disgusting. I don’t want them. They do nothing for me.” That’s the here and now. That’s powerful.
- Be realistic. If you’re a boxer and you’re trying to visualize your next match and you absolutely dominating, it’s not going to do you any good picturing yourself as Muhammad Ali. You’ll just end up in the ring not living up to the standards you set for yourself. You’ll end up frustrated and exhausted with yourself. And then you’ll probably quit. No! That’s the opposite of what we want to happen. Instead, imagine your swings like the best swings you’ve ever had. Imagine your opponent as that bag in the gym that you pummel on a daily basis. Imagine your coach screaming in unstoppable delight as you give the best performance of your career. These things could happen. And there’s no reason why they won’t.
- Have faith; Trust the Universe. Imagine an alternate dimension that is almost exactly like the real world but whatever you truly desire comes true in an instant. See yourself in that dimension, where whatever you ask the Universe for comes to you in an instant. Don’t look for what you asked for; this is where people tend to mess up. If you have to keep an eye out for an event that manifests your wish, it’s only telling the Universe you don’t have it and you will attract. Be patient. Don’t get upset if these things don’t happen immediately. Don’t stress the “how” of things. Let the Universe do it for you. When you take the Universe’s job of worrying about the “how”, this says you’re lacking faith and that you’re telling the Universe what to do when the Universe has far greater knowledge and power than human mankind.
Compiled with extraction from various web sites including Oprah, Attraction-Laws and wiki among others