Every company has its own unique personality, just like people do. The unique personality of an organization is referred to as its culture. In groups of people who work together, organizational culture is an invisible but powerful force that influences the behaviour of the members of that group.
Organizational culture is a system of shared assumptions, ideologies, principles, values, and beliefs, which governs how people behave in that organization. These shared values have a strong influence on the people in the organization and dictate how they behave, act amongst themselves as well as with people outside the organization.
- A healthy culture encourages the employees to stay motivated
- The culture of the workplace also goes a long way in promoting healthy competition at the workplace. Employees try their level best to perform better than their fellow workers and earn recognition and appreciation of the superiors. It is the culture of the workplace which actually motivates the employees to perform.
- No two organizations can have the same work culture. It is the culture of an organization which makes it distinct from others. The work culture goes a long way in creating the brand image of the organization. The work culture gives an identity to the organization. In other words, an organization is known by its culture.
- The work culture unites the employees who are otherwise from different back grounds, families and have varied attitudes and mentalities. The culture gives the employees a sense of unity at the workplace.
- The work culture promotes healthy relationship amongst the employees. No one treats work as a burden and moulds himself according to the culture.
If you create conducive environment, same set of people will do incredible things.